View Single Post
SnappingRope

Member Since May 2020
Default Mar 27, 2023 at 12:06 PM

Thanks Slumber kitty. I appreciate everyone answering. I was... I'm surprised to be honest. I though more people would be like me. Maybe I'm crazier than I half-suspected.

It seems like there are a few tentative patterns emerging though. The people who are able to think and feel at the same time seem also to be able to remember pleasant experiences. That's what I would expect:

The part of the brain responsible for voluntarily retrieving memories must be 'wired' into the experience at the time it happened. Not only does there need to be contemporaneous activity, but it needs to be communicated between the two regions/networks. If I can't be conscious of my experiences in the moment* it makes sense I also wouldn't be able to recall them later.

*I know, from a place of vague distance, that I can have happy/pleasant experiences, but I am never conscious of them in the moment. Instead the happiness kind of fills me to the point where there is no conscious me to be aware of it. Afterwards I come back to being conscious and only have residual clues hinting that something has happened.

If you have no pleasant memories your mind has no materials with which to project a pleasant future. That's why I just draw a blank when I try.
SnappingRope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty