View Single Post
RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2023 at 10:16 AM

I drove my daughter to school today. She talked about how good it was to relax at home. She had a hard time describing it, but she described a state of anticipation and constant vigilance, waiting for the next bit of drama or an angry outburst. She also talked about going to anxiety counselling and feeling like she could never speak about the real issue, the primary issue, which was this atmosphere her mom created.

If someone knows more about AUD or covert narcissism, can you give me an idea what to expect?

I think I said there were a flurry of requests from my wife to enter counselling last week with the youngest. Youngest said no; there were lots of chances for years and you refused, you're not trying with anyone else in the family either because I'm your favorite or because you'll get child support for me and those are bad reasons.

So now we're all no-contact with mom.

In the last two months she hasn't asked at all about how the kids are or about how school is going or anything. This request for counselling feels self serving. Self serving for finances, or because of how this looks to the women around her, or because she's suddenly lonely. It's not requested for the kid's benefit.

I can see her getting angry and dramatic, or I can see her playing the victim. Playing the victim will be hard in court with her family speaking against her.

So, I'm wishing I had a crystal ball to see the future...

RDM
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Bill3