View Single Post
RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2023 at 02:21 PM

There's a strong history of my wife being wronged by everyone around her.

And the center of attention for being wronged and being ill. I've always treated the illnesses as valid.

No one experienced Covid in our home as strongly as she did. No one "felt" the Ukraine war as strongly as she did. Our daughter lost a classmate to sudden illness in middle school. My wife was overwhelmed by that, emotionally devastated, but never talked to our daughter who is a long time friend with the kid's sister. At one point my wife became emotionally overwhelmed because she saw a boy put his arm around our daughter's shoulders. How was she (wife) ever going to be able to manage the drama of our daughter liking boys and dating ? How would she bebe able to work or progress in her college course. Our daughter entering puberty was obviously going to mean she couldn't work.

That time I walked over to the kids and said, "Far enough apart to keep a balloon between you, or you go stand in the driveway until your dad picks you up big guy."

My wife was sitting on the floor crying about her future lost opportunities when I came back.
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Bill3