divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Mar 30, 2023 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
He knows I am empathetic, so yes, he still has a bit of a hold on me. I don't like it necessarily, but I don't know how to change it, given how I am and the fact that I want a more amicable breakup.
You can be empathetic and do what people do when they learn someone is suicidal and they can’t directly help. I have experience of family members and people whose suicide could be prevented. It’s often cry for help. Call his brother now. That’s empathy. What if he’s not lying? And if he lies and manipulates then still it won’t be on your consciousness.

And you could have amicable break up and still maintain healthy boundaries and self respect. Having boundaries doesn’t make one not an empathetic person at all. Also amicable divorce doesn’t require listening to exes talking nonsense for months and believing everything they say even if they make zero sense

I am not judging as I often didn’t have good boundaries myself, but does it make you feel good that he keeps pursuing you in such gross manner (implying you would literally do anything for money) ? You can’t say you went out with him last time only out of pity.

Also you said he abused you and he continues disrespecting you now and you still focus on how to have good relationship with him NOW. Pleasing your abuser is still your priority and you are already almost divorced and dating someone else. It’s not healthy

Last edited by divine1966; Mar 30, 2023 at 01:31 PM..

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, mote.of.soul, Samicat, unaluna