Veteran Member

Samicat loves writing

1 yr Member
1,590 hugs
given
Default Mar 31, 2023 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
There was a minor incident at work last night in which I accidentally struck a part of the racks with part of my machine, causing no damage to my machine but a small indentation in the rack at the point of impact. I reported it honestly to my supervisor and fully admitted fault, then followed his instructions in moving product to ensure the racks were not in use until inspected formally and repaired if necessary. However, the incident caused me to experience significant anxiety, which resulted in my being unable to sleep and having to call in sick to work tonight due to a lack of sleep. I'm worried what HR might do once the incident is reported to them. It was a minor incident, and I have no history of safety violations, and I fully abided by all company policy in reporting and cooperating. But you never know with the person who will be responsible for assessing the case. I may be looking at a written warning, or possibly worse. And that has me worrying. When I worry, I often go into a spiral of depression from the catastrophizing of it.

I have the first three days off next week. Then there's Thursday, which is the day off we get for the stat since we don't normally work Fridays. So I have all week off next week. I haven't seen the schedule to confirm it, all I have is the form I put in for the time off and received back with 'APPROVED' stamped on it. I know I shouldn't be worrying, and maybe it's just a byproduct of worrying about the incident, but I can't help but worry about whether I really have the time off or not because I haven't seen the schedule. I know it's absolutely stupid, but I just can't help it.

What I'll do is on Monday I'll text a guy at work and ask him to send me a copy of the night's schedule. That should allay my fears.

Hope things are going okay. This sounds to me like it was just a mistake, and I'd be surprised if you get a warning for it. However most companies you need to get warned at least twice before any serious action would be taken, and the warnings drop off usually in a set time. I once screwed up REALLY badly at my job (an error in judgment) and I came clean to my manager right away. She had to go through a process, but in the end she just gave me a verbal warning and said she was satisfied I was remorseful and wouldn't do it again. Luckily I had a good manager at the time or things could have gone badly for me.

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
3rd rock