jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2023 at 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
People do things because they get something out of it. Your friend keeps your moocher friend around maybe because she likes her company, or maybe feels good about herself because she feels like she is helping her. If she feels like she is giving charity, and that makes her feel superior, thats’ not healthy either.

I had a friend who became a user like that. We were friends since we were 12. Growing up, she wasn’t like that, made her own money and was equal with spending, if not generous. But things in life just sank lower and lower for her. It was her own doing. Then she got this attitude that I owed her, and had no shame about using me for whatever she could. I let her until it got too much, and I saw how one sided it had become. Plus, she had become so antagonistic toward me, respected no boundaries. Finally she imploded and we never spoke again. I learned she told mutual friends some awful things about me behind my back. It was a betrayal, a two faced faux frenemy. Looking back, I now understand she showed a lot of narcissism. It can sometimes be a vulnerable narcissist who laments about everyone done them wrong and to feel sorry for them.
Maybe you’re right about what you said. Niw she doesn’t want to talk about this mooch period Why? I’m afraid that she’s going to give her another chance.

Sorry to hear about your former friend. She sounds like a jealous person. What did she say about you if you don’t mind me asking?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote