View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2023 at 03:51 AM

Just got scammed myself! $20 via a fake site selling supposedly discounted 3M products. Paid with PayPal. After the required "reach out to vendor" steps (2 email follow ups that I know won't be answered) I'll file a Resolution complaint with PP and take it up from there.

Over the past 2 years we've had a couple of scams run thru PP and once the complaint get's properly opened, PP works pretty quickly to see what they can do.

We'll see this time around. In a book on the origins of PP I skimmed, they understood from the beginning that they were making money out of "trust" and had to do their part to uphold the [implicit] deal. Just a long way to say they started out taking this type of stuff very seriously.

Each new challenge is its own thing, so I'll report on how this one turns out.

Meanwhile, I've decided I'll need to test out the noise reduction ear muffs in person because the other one's I've tried off Ebay were too tight.

Oh, and I "returned" them to a seller on Ebay, paying $16 originally, which included tax, and paying shipping and tax again (?) to send them back. Net for the round trip: $6.

Burned, but too little to bother.
Oy

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote