View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Apr 02, 2023 at 05:15 PM

Three months ago I applied for a job. I had one in-person interview and was told that the interviewer’s coworker would follow up with me the next day via email about moving forward with a job offer.

I didn’t hear from the company after that in-person interview so I waited a month. I Googled the role and it was still available, so I reached out again to the interviewer since i had her phone number and email address. She responded that she was really busy with trainings, and didn’t apologize for not following up with me, or having her coworker follow up with me. So weird, and unprofessional I thought.

Then I decided to write her and her company off because who just forgets to follow up with a job candidate that is told they informally have the job yet don’t have an official offer letter etc. from the company with any information about salary, health insurance,hours etc.

A couple of days ago, I get this random mass email addressed to me and 15 other “new” employees mentioning training dates. I was really offended. It had now been a total of 7 weeks with NO FOLLOW THROUGH on a legitimate job offer, and here I was, expected to show up for 2 weeks of training for a job I was never officially offered. Talk about unprofessional - and this is for an assistant manager job for a retail franchise store.

I responded to the email, just to the woman who initially interviewed me 7 weeks ago with my concern. I explained to her, that neither she nor her coworker never followed up with me after my interview with her, to officially offer me the assistant manager job, and how could she expect me to attend paid training when I hadn’t been hired yet.

Her email response put me 100% off. She said, “Oh, Lisa was supposed to email you but she got side tracked with her house sale. You know how these personal things go.” Um…what? My mother died but that didn’t interfere with my ability to communicate with people or keep my promises.

I was tempted to write a short novel respond. Instead, I just kept it short and sweet, “I’m not interested in your assistant manager role any longer. Please remove my name from your email list.”

How could I possibly trust these people to follow through as potential supervisors, if they can’t even offer me a job with an offer letter after my in-person interview. Making me wait 7 weeks with no clear answer yet expect me to show up for a paid training for the role I haven’t even been officially offered. That’s just bad business. No way would I trust these two women as my supervisors if they act this way with potential job candidates.

What would you have done?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
DeeeSchmeee68