View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2023 at 03:36 AM

There is no current legislation or law in my state that says a divorce can be delayed if you have sex with your spouse. I looked it up. There is only a proposed bill right now for this. There is also no law against dating while getting a divorce in my state.

Was it wise of me? No... it was a spontaneous decision and certainly wasn't well thought out.

And no, Jay and I have not explicitly said that we will be exclusive. Soon he will be sailing for a week, then on the Caribbean beaches for a week. I think he could easily hook up with a woman while there and have sex while he is away. He hasn't said he won't... and we haven't talked about it.

And the possibility still exists that Jay decides to move to the Caribbean. Then it's all a moot point. If he stays and if we ever DO commit to each other, I still don't see the necessity of telling him... it's within the first few weeks of us hanging out, & shortly after my divorce hearing.

Being unemployed, receiving a multitude of rejections and not having income or a job, is effecting me very negatively. It's been almost 3 months of this angst. I wanted comforting and soothing and Jay isn't even a boyfriend... not yet and not now.

It's also a bit unsettling that I am seeing a guy who could move away, and who could also decide to have sex while on his trip. My best gf thinks I subconsciously did a preemptive strike by sleeping with my ex.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by FooZe; Apr 04, 2023 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: Administrative edit to bring within guidelines