poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2023 at 04:20 AM

New post, same subject.

Few weeks ago, my mother resolved to be more positive and take better care of herself. Well, it didn't last long. Anyone not familiar with her behaviour, she's difficult and narcissistic. Okay, she has health problems and can only go out when someone takes her.

My sister-in-law's father died a few weeks ago, so we had all the drama (created by my mother) about his funeral. It's this Wednesday and she's adamant about going. Still time for her to change mind, especially as she's got some dental treatment on Thursday. The saga about my aunt's behaviour towards her is ongoing. When I said why don't you take it up with her, the reply was "I'm not going to cause another family rift". Barb directed at me for historical disagreement with my sister-in-law. So, I'm still being punished!

Fast forward to last weekend. My niece turned 18 on Friday. Celebrated with close family on the day, party with friends on Saturday, then wider family on Sunday. Didn't have to wait long for mother to say how disappointed she was that she hadn't seen her granddaughter on her special day. Travelling to their house, she commented that she must be more positive and not appear to seeking attention and "everything revolving around her". Wow! At the back of my mind did wonder how long this would last because my mother loves an audience. Four hours was time taken before she was telling sis-in-law's friend (usual audience had left by then). Then she'd been on to me about something (won't try to explain as could be lost in translation). Then deliberately asked my brother same question, hoping to get different answer. The look of horror on her face when he said he didn't remember. Journey home was either silence or one word answers.

So nothing's changed. I didn't expect it to. This has happened too many times and in so many guises. In future, not going to discuss with my aunt because she's also someone who dodges anything difficult. Just laughs when anything serious happens.

My Easter weekend already mapped out and doesn't involve anyone but mother. The dental treatment means can't really leave her alone for a couple of days, but I'm planning when I can escape. Brother and family away for weekend. Have already served notice that I'm going out the following one....
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Bill3, Discombobulated, Open Eyes, Pinny, unaluna