Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2023 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Glad you're back @MuddyBoots! I think I understand the feeling you're having, post hospitalization. I remember thinking something similar after many of mine.

@Nammu, I hope you find a much nicer supportive living community to consider. You deserve a comfortable environment. I'm sure such a transition so soon after your loss will be difficult.

My brother is being transferred from the hospital to an inpatient rehabilitation facility, where they'll help him hopefully get back to getting around better. Right now it's even too hard for him to get to the bathroom, sometimes, let alone manage other ADLs. Afterwards, the plan is for him to return to our late dad's house, where he's been living for around 15 years. With Dad gone, there are a lot of questions about his property and house. My sister and I agree that our brother should return to the house, but there will come a time when the property will need to be dealt with...inheritance stuff. If my brother beats the cancer, he will likely want to stay on part as his. My sister also wants some (or all) of the property, as it borders hers. They'd have to buy me out, as I don't have an eye on returning there.

Yesterday we managed to get some crucial things set up in our house. For the first time here, last night we ate a meal at our own dining room table. The day before we ate at our coffee table. The two days before that, our "tables" were a cooler and step ladder. We borrowed some dining chairs because when we found ours, in storage, they had inches of mold spores on them. Before that, we sat on our sofa to eat. We power washed our chairs, but I'm skeptical that they are really safe enough to use. The seats are woven rope types. Right now they are drying in our utility room, with the heat cranked up.

I hope your Brother does well and can get back home and able to manage living on his own again. The splitting of homes and income after someone passes is very stressful.

Congrats on your own dining table. Hope the chairs can be saved ! We had friends that had to store furniture while having a house built and very few things survived the storage time.

Hope all your other belongings are in good shape !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, Nammu, Samicat

Thanks for this!
Crazy Hitch