Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2023 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
Advice for painting: See the color painted on your wall, not just a swatch, before buying a big can. We went and got another can for the darker color because we didn't like how dark and orange it is. So we got a lighter "gold" but on the wall it basically looks like mid-range foundation makeup color. So, we won't be using either of the darker colors. We decided to use the lighter yellow/beige for the whole room. If we don't have quite enough paint, there's a can the previous owner left of a light almondy color that we can paint the far wall with.

Honestly I think our plan of using two colors wasn't a good idea anyway, given that we have white crown & side molding and baseboards. I think the white/cream baseboards will look better with just the yellow.

We will look for a charity that might want the paint. Else will bring it to the recycling depot. That was an expensive lesson as we wasted $100.

Oh the joys of paint colors

Yea it’s very expensive. I remember back in 88-90 I could get a decent paint for like 20 bucks. I use to repaint my home 3-4 times a year lol ( undiagnosed Bipolar )

I want to repaint my kitchen but my Asthma is awful anytime we paint anymore despite windows open and fans blowing.

Hope the color works well for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore

Thanks for this!
Samicat