nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,147 hugs
given
Unhappy Apr 05, 2023 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
lol, I know that you’re not calling me the b word, lol. Anyways, it’s nice to know that I’m not the only person with this issue. Real friends & genuine people are extremely difficult to find these days.

There are a ton of self absorbed selfish users out there. A lot of women only seem to be there for theur femske friends when they’re single or for when their boyfriend’s & husbands are busy & not available for them, ugh!

I have nothing but bad luck with 99% of single women that I meet. I think they are all very jealous of me. Especially the ones who struggle to make ends meet.

That sucks that they can’t be happy for other people. Their whole world revolves around the boyfriend or whoever they’re dating at the moment. So lame!

They drop everything even for rude flaky guys. Pathetic!
I’ll never ever give women like that a chance again. I’m sure that one lady who pretended to want to see pics from a recent trip blocked me on insta. I can’t find her period.

She has a new boyfriend now. Weird! Why pretend to want to see my pics then block me? lol. I just don’t get a lot of people.

I think that a lot of people base their so called ‘friendship’ on what they can get out of you at the moment be it attention, validation, time, favors, money, status, rides, etc….

Next time I encounter a rude self absorbed perdon, I’ll fkat out yell them exactly why I don’t want to talk to them again!

I’ll say, I can’t be friends with people who only want to talk about themselves & not even bother to ask me one single question to their face, lol!

Eff being polite! lol! They don’t deserve my kindness or respect, lol! I’d lobe to have a friend like you btw. I’m an introvert too.
Agree with everything you wrote. In hindsight, I've had few true female friends and have always gotten along better with men. That being said though, I don't have any close male friends either except one, since men aren't known to be open with their feelings lol.

Back in 2006 I had a female friend I knew over 10 years suddenly ghost me. She wasn't exactly CLOSE close, but not just an acquaintance either. She stopped responding to my voicemail or email, but because I knew her so long I sent a snail mail. She finally responded saying we have nothing in common anymore and friendships end. There's no reason for it, she said. It just IS. Her life has changed a lot, she said. Well mine too, not that she had any interest anymore.

Certainly NOT doing that again with anybody, but if she had told me in that first place it would have saved us BOTH aggravation. I'd have closure and she'd have the peace of not hearing from me!

What really gets me is how people PRETEND they want to be your friend or they like you, when the opposite is true. And what you said about people basing a friendship on what they can "get" is called transactional friendship. Another member posted about it once. It's sort of like a business transaction, what they can get. Services rendered! How sick is that??I don't know what these people got from me but it certainly wasn't money or rides!

Nobody ever asks how I am either, it's just about them and talking about themselves. I had one "friend" who repeatedly told me about her time with her mom, whom she is close to, even though she knows mine is deceased and I had a strained relationship with her (if you can even CALL it a relationship). How insensitive. No empathy. If I had a friend with a deceased mom, I'd NEVER talk to her about what a good time I had with mine! I thought she was better than that, but boy was I wrong!

This technology makes it easier for people to ghost someone. I didn't grow up with this stuff about blocking or deleting or whatnot...Avoiding someone back in the day wasn't that simple! I know ghosting is seemingly acceptable in our culture, and it's especially done by young people. But ANY age can pull that crap.

Well you've got me on this site; I'm always willing to talk to a fellow feline.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jesyka

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15