jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Apr 05, 2023 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
If you only met few times it’s too early to call them friends.

They don’t particularly know you well enough to show interest in your travels and it’s unlikely they are jealous. I am not surprised they didn’t make arrangements to meet in person to see pictures.

In addition most people don’t find it exciting to look at travel pictures of people they barely know. Not because of jealousy but because it’s not interesting if you aren’t invested in their lives.

I don’t know if they are self absorbed. It could be. But could be also that they are mostly just strangers and can’t be expected to show interest in people they don’t know on a meaningful level. You could try to take it slow and get to know them as friendships take long to build or you could try to make friends irl instead.

You have to build a foundation for friendship and it takes time
I should’ve used the words aquaintences. Btw, I met all of these women a few times in person. The mooch from my other thread was one of them.

They have only talked about themselves all the time & only teo of them have asked me ONCE this: I’ve been talking so much, what about you?

Then whatever I say gets bounced back to them. Ex: I tell them I used to live in S. Ca. One lady then said that she used to live there too. She showed zero interest in what I said.

I think it’s unfair that they expect me to listen to theit health issues & other problems & they don’t have the decency to show any interest in what I have to say. It’s extremely rude & selfish of them to do that.

I realize that some people don’t cate about pictures or traveling, but thry should’nt whine about never getting to go anywhere. like one lady did.

And the worst of it is that one lady I’ve been talking to & hanging out with since ladt year had the nerve to block me on Instagram after I posted up piics that she claimed that she wanted to see.

I didn’t brag about anything. She made me think that she wanted to hear about my trip. She said that she couldn’t wait to see my pics & then she blocked me when I posted them up! Why would she block me for that? Obviously she’s jealous of me.

Why would she do that? So that makes it look like shes very jeaous of me. Especially since her & her new boyfriend were talking about going to where I went one day. So obviously she is interested in traveling, judt not MY trip.

If my pics were annoying her, she could just restrict me instead of blocking me.

What else could it be?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nonightowl