View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,973 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Apr 06, 2023 at 12:46 PM

I was thinking how this pen pal took a year to write back. I don't even see the point of writing back at all, and it's just a short note really. It took me a minute to read and probably that long for her to write it.

Back in 2020 the senior center started a (paper) pen pal program with the local Girl Scout troop. It was a diversion and so I've been writing to this girl since then. She started out writing regularly then it tapered off more and more, until a whole year goes by. I'm going to tell her it's okay if she's not into it anymore, just let me know.

I don't want to waste stamps or time writing to someone that sees me as such as low priority, a year goes by. I know she's a teenager and at that age I wouldn't know what to write either. But I wouldn't wait a year. Intentional or not, I don't want to spend effort on something of which there's no reciprocity. After the last 3 years I just don't have the emotional bandwidth for this kind of thing anymore.

The other girl wrote to me just 3 times in 2 years, and now I haven't heard from her in almost 2 years! Of course I long gave up and forgot about her. But this other one still writes------TECHNICALLY.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; Apr 06, 2023 at 03:37 PM..
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15