Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 04:12 AM

I am starting a new thread.

To summarize what's been happening lately:

I am going through a divorce with an abusive narc husband. I've had enough and left him for the second time in October. He moved out. Our divorce will finalize in July.

Hubbie has been trying desperately to hold on, and I am trying to maintain boundaries, which has been very hard due to his consistent love bombing and me being in a vulnerable place in life. I am not good at boundaries and am working on that.

I met and unexpectedly am starting to date a new guy, Jay, but I don't know where it's headed. It's been about a month. We are not committed yet. He has talked about moving to the Caribbean and is taking a sailing trip for two weeks on April 15 to check things out. He lives 2.5 hours away from me.

I was let go from my job in January due to my skill set "not meeting their needs", and I am looking for work. I am desperate for work, but I am also being slightly picky because want a great employer where I will stay and grow for years to come.

A couple of interviews have been rough due to what happened in my last job (I took a medical leave early on and my job completely changed as a result). I am taking a course to strengthen areas where my last employer said I was weak. I am hoping this will help.

I am looking for a roommate. Right now, I live alone, I am on unemployment benefits, and cannot meet all my expenses. Mom is helping to lend me the money to make ends meet, and I will have to pay her back.

I am looking for compassionate support through all of the above life transitions. I am very fragile & vulnerable at this stage, I have made mistakes along the way, and I am seeking compassion and support for my position in life vs. criticism....

from a surprise layoff to looking for work again, transitioning from marital status to single status, dating after divorce, and dating after abuse.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Apr 07, 2023 at 04:40 AM..

Hugs from:
moose260, MrAbbott