View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 04:20 AM

So, since being let go from my job in January, I have reached out to four different colleagues from my last job to either get a recommendation for my LinkedIn profile, or to network.

Not ONE person has responded to me, except for my boss, who only replied to my 1st email. I sent a second note to him just recently with additional questions, to which he did not respond.

It's maybe inappropriate for me to reach out after having been let go, but I had hoped there would be some amount of compassion and support for me in my plight.

I asked two people and neither one will reply or even agree to write any positive remarks on my behalf... I was very engaged in the work, I always met every deadline, and I carried a positive attitude and a team player mentality in that job. I also had, or so I had thought, a positive rapport with my teammates.

Couldn't someone write some nice words for me as a favor? I am appalled by the lack of response and by the unwillingness to help me.

I am feeling extremely dejected as a result of this ghosting. It's demoralizing and a most terrible feeling.... what the heck? Am I that terrible of a person????

~4 Non Blondes