View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 04:54 AM

Hi D, hoping you get the credit card stuff straightened out soon. And about the Karaoke machine, how cool is that. You must love to sing.

Yes, I also write daily goals with everything I need or want to do. Anything that takes time, even meals and hygiene routines. I bracket the work stuff with "office hours." The most tedious of my office hours is slogging through email.

I'm always changing up how I make a list. For a while I thought this was a fault, why can't I stick to one system? Now I think of it as a creativity. To misquote the playwright Irene Fornes: there's a part that loves lists and a part that would rather not, and the list maker has to keep tricking the avoider.

I also have several lists ON at the same time. One is laid out mindmap style, one is online, and one is a daily duty list I create on scrap strips of paper. I get a small happy feeling when I can crumble this sheet and toss it aside.

Discovering this condo leader role is a time suck. Mostly because I have no control over the complexity and timing of what I will be charged to deal with. This week it's a broken garage door. A month ago it was a leak in the roof. And so on. And this is stuff that requires reaching businesses while they are open, so I can't put them off to the evening or weekends. I'm also drafting new rules, and dealing with a couple of owners who would rather I just not do a good job. A good job means I have to pester them and remind them of they are expected/required to do. Or engage directly with their renters about the same stuff.

As I'm working and also wanting to return to investing/trading during market hours, my days get really crowded. Yucksville & tiring.

Today after running errands via bus in the rain, I came back and napped for 5 hours.

It's my life at the moment. Guess I'm still breathing. R.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote