Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I'm glad you're speaking up for yourself. My personal (and obviously subjective opinion) is that you maybe shouldn't be quite so harsh about the getting paid thing and that he doesn't care about your well-being, but indeed if that's the right course for you, then by all means go for it.

But definitely, DEFINITELY, always tell your psychiatrist exactly how you're feeling, no matter how hard it is to express or come up with the words, etc.

It will really help you. I saw in your other thread that it seems like you did speak up and I'm hoping that helped you.
Oh and personally, and for whomever this might help, including me, I like writing notes out for my psychiatrist and emailing them or bringing them to the session. It used to feel a little forced for me, since I thought the psychiatrist ought to just "know" how I'm feeling. But as I learn more and more, I feel like it's right to just let them know EXACTLY what's up either beforehand, or during the appointment with these notes, and so then we have an agenda, instead of my psychiatrist basically trying to guess what's going on with me.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote