View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
76 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 07:31 AM

I've been taking 5 mg of risperidone for years and it's a really good med for me. But my neurologist wants me to try tapering it down to a lower dose or ideally, in their opinion, come off it totally as they think its causing the language difficulties I'm having.

So I went from 5mg down to 4.75 mg about 2 months ago and when I did the drop I got bad suicidal ideation which lasted about a week. It was annoying but I got through it.

I waited until I was feeling stable and then dropped down to to 7.5mg about 3 weeks ago and ever since I've been having the suicidal ideation again. I won't act on it, and I don't feel emotionally suicidal, and my life is going better than it has in years, so I have no reason to feel this way. I just get these weird random thoughts that are really annoying, I kind of tell myself when i get them that it's just my brain misfiring.

But I'm a bit frustrated that I can't seem to go lower on the med without having problems. I'm going to wait until my next appointment with my psychiatrist and see what he says, but at this point I'm just inclined to say screw it. I'd rather deal with minor language difficulties than the thoughts.

Just needed to vent, thanks.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, Desoxyn, Nammu, unaluna, WastingAsparagus, Yaowen