Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
That’s great that doing volunteer work helped you make some new friends. I’m the opposite of you, I like derp one on one discussions or discussions about stuff we’re both into.
Oh we’re not that dissimilar, I do like deeper one to one discussion with the right people, and I can count on one hand the number I do have that closeness with. It took a long time to develop that closeness though and the activity based approach was a good way to be social and get to slowly know people.

I’m reading the situation you’re describing as a friendship group cultivated online with in person meet ups is that right? You sound like you have a pretty good insight into the behaviour of these people, but that you feel that you have a general issue with attracting this sort of self obsessed person? I’m wondering if you feel a change of approach might help you. This isn’t the same as saying it’s your fault btw, sometimes we unknowingly end up with the wrong people because it can feel familiar to us sometimes to do with our family of origin.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
jesyka