View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2023 at 01:58 PM

The dental treatment went well although she looks like she's done 10 rounds with a prize fighter!

I stayed last night and her attitude was okay. Today we've talked. I came home around lunchtime, had soak in bath then phoned to see if she wanted me to go back for another night. Choice left to me, so decided to visit as usual tomorrow and having Easter lunch with her on Sunday.

Know I shouldn't pin anything on this but had interesting conversation earlier. Have told her I'm not interested in anyone else's battles. If I'm directly involved it's different. Obviously problem with my aunt is deeper than I thought.

There's another issue. Have mentioned my sister-in-law's drink problem before. At my niece's birthday party, she constantly had glass in hand. Apparently, my brother told her she's had too much to drunk. However, more serious was she dropped "c bomb" during conversation between group including my mother, niece, sis-in-law's best friend and her daughter. Her friend was visibly shocked and looked straight at me. All I could do was raise eyebrows. Friend then challenged but sis-in-law tried to pass off as using it in context of conversation but nothing had warranted that. Did wonder if mother had heard; today she confirmed she did.

After the problem between sis-in-law and me, mother constantly tried to manipulate me into apologising for what I'd said (about drink problem). I wouldn't, for obvious reasons. I didn't say anymore but thought yes, I'd got it right.

Will see what now transpires.....
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, Pinny