Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2023 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdozer View Post
I need some serious help trying to figure out how to prove to my wife celebrity Zac Efron is not the real person talking to her in private chats. She is obsessed with him and has and is currently being involved in imposter scams. It is ruining our marriage and I wish I could contact Zac Efron or his management to make a statement to my wife he will never contact his fans personally. I don't know what to do, she lies about it constantly and hides her phone and hides in the bathroom to hide what she's doing with her messaging a fake Zac Efron imposter.
Please Help!

There's a channel on YouTube (Catfished) that is about celebrity and romance scams. One lady was convinced she is talking to Johnny Depp. You could show her that.

The end game of someone impersonating Zac Efron may be to get money out of her.

Like one poster above me said - try tracing his texts or searching for sections of text. Scammers often use set phrases and responses to lure in their victims.

Warning signs of a scam:
- The respondent is always available, day and night. The real Zac Efron wouldn't have much time to text.
- The respondent asks if you've eaten yet (a common greeting in Nigeria where many scams originate)
- The respondent calls her his Queen
- emergencies or "investments" requiring her to send money.

There are more. I'm sure you could search for "celebrity scams" and there's lots of info out there. Perhaps if your wife won't listen to you, you could enlist the help of her other family or friends.

You can probably contact the team at Catfished on Youtube as well, as I believe they will help you find out if it's real or not.
Samicat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna