View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 09, 2023 at 04:44 AM

Giving references and recommendations is tricky.

Years ago we had somebody let go at work and she was suing for “unlawful” termination-in her eyes. It was lawful and she didn’t win. But it was a long drawn law suit.

She made all kind of attempts in collecting facts and evidence from people to use in her lawsuit. Things she did fell into stalking category but asking for recommendations could fall into it kind of like “see I was asked to leave but now these people give me recommendations which means I am good, they now have to take me back or pay me 1mil for pain and suffering”

Not saying you are doing any of it but people don’t know. In addition, they don’t suppose to know why you were asked to leave. It shouldn’t be public knowledge. For all they know it could be for a misconduct or insubordination or for something completely awful. Sometimes administration gives a bogus reason so people don’t really know what happen for sure. Again not saying that’s what happened with you, but how do they know?

Now there are circumstances when I’d give recommendations to someone who was asked to leave IF I know them for years and am very close with and could 100% trust and know for a fact it was unlawful termination. In your case it was short lived employment and they don’t know you well at all.

I’d not expect referrals or recommendations from them. I’d just get it from all previous jobs. This is just one job