Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 09, 2023 at 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
First of all you don’t know if you are his one and only confidant. You don’t know if he blabs elsewhere or that you in fact are the one and only who listens to him badmouthing his girlfriend as no one else would because they know it’s not true.

Remember your ex told his friends all kind of things about you up to the point of them advising him to not talk to you. Most decent men don’t go around badmouthing their girlfriend/wife to other women.

If he’s abused, I recommend he seek therapy or call police.

“She yells at him” means nothing. Could be yelling because he hurts her. In addition if they are in S&M set up and he is S, who really knows, he might want her to be more submissive and she’s rebelling. No one really knows

I don’t know if you should believe anyone about their relationship as no one knows what’s happening behind closed doors. But he doesn’t sound like someone I want to be friends with. I’d distance myself from him if it was me
Thanks, divine. All good points!

I should not have told this gf that his female partner is abusive. I let the cat out of the bag so to speak.... she said she won't say anything, but will ask others how their relationship is going.

I think you're right -- you never know what happens behind closed doors or who is truly at fault, but if he is abusive, perhaps it is best if I distance myself more.

~4 Non Blondes