Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,930 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2023 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatThruThis View Post
March update:
1) I’m currently reading a library book about different journaling techniques. Some ideas I’ve had are: copying coloring pages into empty sketchbooks (artprojectsforkids.org & supercoloring.com both have the fine art/famous painting coloring pages I love for free), a daily dream diary with room for notes & drawings, & a daily doodle book. I’ve made more in depth notes about format based on previous attempts of the last two ideas in my current dot journal.

2) I successfully retrieved my IP PIN from irs.gov & filed my 2022 taxes. Both federal & state refunds are showing in my checking account as of 2/28. I determined, of my previous years’ unfiled returns, only 2020’s needed to be filed in order to get my missing stimulus checks. I filed for 2020 & see that my missing stimulus checks are pending deposit in my checking account with a possible deposit date of 3/8. I shredded tax records from 2014 & back. A lot of feelings came up looking through the old paperwork, but I think this just about puts this goal to rest?!

3) I found & gathered together binder, plastic sheet protectors, and dividers I already owned so I didn’t have to buy anything. I checked out one book from the library about death planning, but I haven’t started reading it yet.

I’m feeling good enough about my progress so far.
April update.
1) I’ve been keeping a work journal & I’ve filled 12.5 pages so far. I read a book about art journaling. I’m going to try some stenciling with homemade stencils in my sketchbooks. I’m excited about that.

2) The tax stuff is all done. The returns & stimuli have all been successfully direct deposited into a bank account. This goal is officially complete!

3) I finished reading the first library book I checked out about death planning. I’ve got a list of documents to assemble. I’d also like to rollover a retirement account from a previous job into my current retirement account.

I’m an organ donor, & reading this particular book made me realize that in order to get most of my organs donated, I will have to die in the hospital. It’s kind of obvious now that I think about it, but that hadn’t occurred to me before.

I’m not into tattoos because I’m a commitment phobe, but this book also gave me an idea for a tattoo I’d like: DNR. It’s an acronym for Do Not Resuscitate. Also, my signature underneath. They have DNR jewelry, but I don’t wear jewelry.

That’s all, folks.
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna