Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2023 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Inhave similar issues. Almost no ome approaches me first for some reason. I have rbf, so maybe that’s part of the readon, idk. I’m quiet in groups too. The most self centred annoying loud extroverts tend to dominate the conversation in groups. I loathe groups, so I’m even more limited in how I can meet other people.

It was hard for me to ho to meetup groups by myself. I’m done with that though as I always get ignored in groups most of the time.

Don’t chase people or be to nice or to eager to be their friend. I’ve had nasty mean people accuse me of being to ‘needy’ just for asking for their number once and accused of trying to ‘force’ a friendship just by trying to talk to them.

I kind of hate most people now & I either barely make anymore effort in meeting people or I give up on them fast after they don’t bother to initiate or show interesr in me.

A few friends told me to trear friendshios like dating. Do they be to available & play it cool. I didn’t believe them at first, but now I do.
I completely agree, even asking for people's phone numbers can come off as needed or too eager. I don't even ask for people's numbers anymore unless I absolutely have to which is usually just for work related situations, even then I hate doing it. If people want me to have their number, they can approach me first which is very rare and usually it's for work related reasons. I don't trust people anymore either, I don't want people seeing me as clingy so I just wait.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl