Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2023 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool09 View Post
**** you.
Blame the victim is often the knee jerk response by therapists and their acolytes. I believe that therapy often doesn't work because and it is not the fault of the client. Those people really oversell it. When they bother studying it - it not only does not help any number of people but it also harms a good percentage of clients. I don't have a clue how therapy was supposed to be useful. I talked -nothing. I asked what I was supposed to be doing - the woman said she didn't know. I asked how it was supposed to work-the woman said she didn't know. So finally, I just said screw it. I'm much happier not dealing with a therapist. I do enjoy suing them on behalf of people they have screwed over.

I've never understood why people go along with this idea that therapist never fail. Therapists blame the victim. Other people who think it worked for them blame the victim. Nice work if you can get it. That makes therapist not have to be responsible for anything. Don't believe them - it is not true that the client is always the problem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AnaWhitney