View Single Post
EglantineRose

Member Since Jun 2014
9 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2023 at 07:20 PM

Hello everyone. So, I am a 30-year-old mature student, still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I completed a BA in History a couple of years ago, and since then, I have not been too sure what direction I want to take in my life.

I did consider Master's programs at one time. However, these programs were either unrealistic either in terms of location or getting accepted, so I stopped considering these.

Basically, I currently have two options that I am considering. 1.) Return to school for a second BA in Sociology (which would not benefit me much in terms of career, but which would be an enjoyable experience) in the town that I am currently living in or 2.) Return to my hometown and complete a college certificate to complement my BA (Legal Administrative Assistant program.)

The second degree would take me two years. The college certificate would take me one year. Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Also, there are a few reasons why I have considered moving back. The apartment building that I am currently living in (sharing with a relative for financial reasons) has caused me a lot of stress and grief, and it is having a significant impact on my mental health. (the people are very toxic and call others names etc.) Basically, if I stay here, there is no way out of this situation either (as rent is so expensive here it is almost impossible for us to find an affordable place to live.) Also, there is very limited opportunity for someone with my type of education here. The area that I am currently living in is primary healthcare and service-oriented (i.e. hotels, restaurants.) So, it's a tough situation.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Depression/Anxiety disorder(s)
Cipralex
EglantineRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Gavreel