View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Apr 12, 2023 at 01:50 PM

Not exactly.... It's finding people who are comfortable with it and able to do the same, after all that's how we bond. It's how we truly connect, not by having 2,312 followers on Twitter. That's not a real connection.

I've been told I'm really articulate and open, yet feeling SAFE to do so is another matter altogether. I CAN do it, but WILL I? It depends on who the listener is.

And having grown up with emotionally distant ("emotionally immature", I'm told) parents, I lacked validation growing up and was silenced when trying to express myself. I was told I'm too sensitive, too emotional, too dramatic. Flawed, in other words. Well they were NOT sensitive enough.

Now I won't be silenced, but I need to feel safe to do so. That's the hard part. People can't handle it. The ones who can have said my trait is a good one to have, not a flaw.

Anything I post on here is the same thing I'd say out loud, to someone's face or over the phone. But there's no one there so I come on here. In a way it's easier to be more open online, since there's no preconceived notions of people such as how they look.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated