View Single Post
Mendingmysoul
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2019
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 12, 2023 at 06:21 PM

I was hesitant to post,as I am not sure if this calls for a thread.I am really irritated and confused, so posting it anyways so that I can get advises and different perspectives.So here it goes....
There is this large family in our neighborhood, faraway neighbours to me.The mom,kids,their playmates many times walking through my property.Their is curb to walk on ,a really windy one.They walk through two properties,one is mine to cut short the distance and they walk on the curb from in front of my property.May be save a couple of minutes.This is a very quiet neighborhood and most are well mannered. To reach the curb in front of my property, they have to first walk through my neighbors and then continue to do so on mine
This has been going on for a couple of years.Last year I noticed they started bicycling through it.There are many mature trees and I actually can't see them until they are very near.If they notice me outside,they cross on the opposite side.Its a big chunk of land.And after noticing them I can't reach to them in time to talk.I don't want to yell from the other side.
After I watched the boys on bicycle many times,I tried to indicate in non verbal way that I noticed and put some logs as barriers in that part of my property. One day I was standing near my upstairs window and saw the older boy whooshing through the neighbors property.I got curious to see if he will go back and take the curb.No he didn't. He stopped at where the logs were,carried his cycle up, crossed the logs and started whooshing through mine up to the curb.Wow
Now spring is here and I am working outside.They are doing it again.The other day mom was pushing the stroller on the curb,the older kids who walked along side the mom until my property took the shortcut through.And mom continues on the curb with the baby.She knew,she saw but didn't say,hey you can't do that kids.And once I saw the mom walking the dog through.I found dog @#=t a couple of times,so I guess the dog too found my property useful. But I didn't see this particular dog doing it.Just guessing it must be it.I don't like confrontation. But don't know how to solve it in a non confrontational manner.Keep in mind that the adults know and they are also doing it.But the kids and their buddies have created an unofficial walking trail.compaction of soil,grass dying off,weeds taking over in that part of land are issues too.And nonverbal cues didn't work.So now what do I do?
Mendingmysoul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108