Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Apr 13, 2023 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Oh gosh yes I’ve come across a couple of people working in therapy who I wouldn’t say were empathetic at all. She shut you down when she said “Better get used to it” - yet some people can’t get used to technology, you’re obviously reasonably able as you can post here but my parents are so confused they would never be able to get that far. We’ve all got limitations.

No I agree it isn’t at all being a burden but I wonder if this is something my relative might fear. Maybe I might try to talk to her about it. It’s difficult as we rarely see each other these days, not by my choice.
I may seem a bit off topic here but since technology is how we (are forced to) "communicate", I wanted to say I had recent trouble with emails. I got these error messages, TWO days after sending messages, saying they weren't delivered because of a server error on the recipient's end.

I later found out they DID get them and also replied, but I didn't get anything on my end till 2 days after the fact. Even a tech savvy person couldn't say what happened. I prefer phone calls but everyone wants to email or text. Not what it's cracked up to be. And this was to the apartment building manager who insists on email. My sink was backing up and I wondered why he didn't reply!

Yeah I can post on here but this is the only site I socialize on. I do a tiny bit on Goodreads but that's not as busy as it used to be either.

And a lot of times I don't know what I'm doing on my phone. I don't know whether to say yes or no when it asks me stuff.

Back to opening up.....technology CAN make it easier in that the other people can't see/hear you....as long as the effing thing WORKS. And there's the privacy thing too. More comfortable talking on a landline but nobody wants to do that anymore.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn