View Single Post
Gavreel

Member Since Feb 2023
36 hugs
given
Default Apr 13, 2023 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
LOVE the running cheetah avatar! Fastest animal on land.

The person who really vented on you was probably hoping to make a connection. That's how most people (I think) attempt to connect, by sharing something personal. It's a real risk to make oneself vulnerable like that.

I don't believe in the "meant to be" mindset, which applies our destiny is already mapped out. Yet we are told we are in control of our lives and nothing ventured, nothing gained. If some people are "meant" to have all these friends and others are not, what's up with that?? Why not them?

What I've heard repeatedly is "Things happen for a reason." It's really the cruelest thing to say to anyone in crisis. It's repeated so much it's accepted as FACT. It's destiny. It's a "good thing" that it sucks now.

I guess it's a balancing act. It also takes a lot of time and energy to invest in a potential friendship only to have NO reciprocity or the person/people turn out to be superficial or substandard. Honestly I'm out of gas now (to use the tank of gas in a car analogy). I don't even have any fumes left. I've tried and tried, SO HARD and you don't know the half of it. I have other stuff that I have to use my energy on and can't do both. Just don't have the bandwidth, to use a WiFi analogy.

It's advice, person can either take it or leave it at the end of the day. its still better than believing that some people are just ''destined to wait around'' as the initial poster asking for the advice stated. Good luck to ya
Gavreel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15