Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,960 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Apr 14, 2023 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I agree, if someone truly wanted to stay in contact then they will find another way to reach out to you. Also asking someone why they gave you their number if they didn't want to be bothered is a good idea, I've considered doing the same thing and maybe they'll think before giving out their numbers knowing they don't want to be bothered. Also I agree people really have gotten meaner even online, I genuinely think the pandemic brought out the worst in people. You would think it would bring people together and maybe it did for a very brief period but then the nastiness of others came out, it made people who I thought were good turn toxic and those who were already toxic but tolerable are now intolerable to be around.
Good points. I see below I typed "teach" someone online but I meant "reach", lol. But I guess it's also a teaching moment, teach people how to behave.

Yeah I certainly will ask why did you give me your number if I get that bs again. Hopefully they'll think twice before doing it to anyone else. Maybe at the time they were sincere but changed their mind. In that case, they should hold off before they are more sure and not do it just to be polite. (If that's why they do it)

COVID did bring out the worst, as people got more selfish. We got divided over masks, vaccinations, etc. A public health crisis yet people still did what they wanted, not thinking of everyone else.

My unneighborly building got even more so when COVID hit. We're all sitting at home yet nobody talked to anyone (at a safe distance!).

I still remember that stupid slogan I heard over the PA system at the grocery store in 2020/2021, "We're all in this together." No, we weren't. Unless everyone thought that way, they were empty words. We were never "together", especially in this individualistic country. And every state did what they want, so no national solidarity for sure.

It's been a s h i t t y 3 years and this COVID thing was/is as bad as a traditional war. But battling a tiny virus and each other. No guns, not in THAT sense but in many others, sadly.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15