Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2023 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2023 View Post
I never wanted to apologize cuz I didn’t understand how I was whining and not talking about problems like normal person. So over the next several months, I intensified what she said not to do.
Ruby, you react to people's negative responses to you by rebelling, when in fact, you have overstepped people's personal and professional boundaries. Telling your manager your personal problems for 8 days straight is far too much for a manager to bear. She did invite you to talk, but that means perhaps one or two times only. You have to limit yourself and adjust your communications based on the response you get. If a response encourages you to continue venting, it's a green light to vent more. But of the response is short and sweet and ends the conversation, then you must adapt and end the conversation. Also, it's best not to share personal problems, unless they are interfering with your ability to perform or work your scheduled days.

~4 Non Blondes

Thanks for this!
Molinit, rdgrad15, Samicat