View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2023 at 03:19 AM

Hi SqPeg, always good to see you check back in. Ms. D and I carry on. People drop by for a comment or two and then drift away.

I think the magic of Sher's site was her personality and that people found it after getting excited by a workshop or book of hers. And the exchanges and threads got very involved. I desperately began to off load as much as I could beginning about a year before she shut it down. Some of it I found on the wayback machine. The rest is held in our spirits and hearts, and lost in material reality.

The thread I have returned to a couple of times was The Happiness Experiment Happiness Experiement - BarbaraSher.com

About your situation, CMS and the insurance companies are taking a deep look at the Medicare benefit of hospice care, the first time in 40 years it seems. Your story of your wife 'graduating' from hospice might be good for them to wrap their confused heads around. I'm imagining that's overall a good thing as her health has recovered somewhat.

My brothers and I just used home hospice with my mother's end of life hospice care. I'm also using the bereavement benefit, too, that's allowed for family members. Partly because it's there and I'd like a first hand experience of how it might work, and partly from past runs with grief and knowing a periodic place existed to let "it all hang out" was a help as it allowed me to pretend to manage the rest of my time.

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote