Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2023 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahrgeyzer View Post
permanently. I'm too different than people. Life is too stressful. So I will go live in the forest the rest of my life. But I just wished there was a mental hospital I could live permanently but even if there was they would probably charge the government a lot of money which would make me feel too guilty and stress me out

The reason I left my DID psychologist is he was pressuring me to sign up for disability. He said I would get enough money to live. I left him because he was pressuring me to do something I don't deserve!
Disability isn't something you "deserve." It's something you need to get if you are unable to work. DID is a serious illness. I know it's hard with mental illness or other invisible illnesses, but DID can be every bit as disabling as MS, Lupus, epilepsy or other physical disorders.

I believe every person has a right to food and shelter and the basics of life regardless of if they can work or not. You didn't choose to be born and you didn't choose to be sick. Any civil society should be looking after its members who can't work.

I hope you are not actually going to be homeless and live in the forest (unless you own a cabin or something and know how to live off the land).

Please apply for disability if you need it. "Deserving" has nothing to do with it, and if someone has told you that poisonous lie, you must release it.

I was able to work most of the time but I still had a hard time accepting that I need periods off work for depression, stress and anxiety. My psychiatrist said a lot of people with mental illness worry that they are somehow "faking it" or don't deserve help. She said mental illness is as real as physical and there are measurable effects on the brain. She also said that the percentage of people who fake mental illness is actually lower than the people who fake physical illness, because mental illness is stigmatized and gets less sympathy.
Samicat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
stahrgeyzer, unaluna