View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2023 at 04:45 AM

He lies and manipulates SO convincingly that I begin to doubt my own instincts, gut reactions and perceptions.

After I sent my final text where I confronted him for trying to swindle me, he sent one text before I blocked him. He now says that they sent the paperwork for the inheritance after we had filed for divorce... yeah right. She died in Oct.. why would the inheritance be delayed for processing? I am sure that the paperwork got rolling very soon after she passed in Oct. Unless they did it on purpose to hide it from the court system. But why would he initially have told me he could go to jail for omitting it from his financial statement? He clearly felt or knew he had done something legally wrong. And, it's ONLY NOW that he's saying something different.. he did not tell me initially, oh, well, we didn't process the inheritance until after we filed. He did not give me that explanation initially, which tells me he is now making up a story around it.

Either way, I smell foul play. I mean, come on.. as SOON as I started to question him about the legalities of his inheritance, for one, he became enraged with me for questioning him on it, and then number two, he immediately offered me a larger amount of money than he had been offering all along.. he suddenly increases the amount to 10K, directly following that conversation. Is that highly suspect? I think so.

And then suddenly, to also offer to pay me for our wedding and honeymoon and the full cost of the chair, when he had previously been angered by these suggestions??

My instinct tells me he was trying to smoke screen me and distract me from the legal system by offering 10K and to pay me back in full for expenses I had accrued during the marriage. This way, if I took that money, I wouldn't be motivated to pursue it in court, right? YES, this is my gut feeling around what truly happened here. Not to mention, his offer to also give me another TV, a larger TV, for my bedroom.

What gets me is how convincing of a liar he can be. I mean, two years ago he convincingly was telling me how much he loves me, showering me with love, affection, flowers and sex, while simultaneously behind my back was flirting with and pursuing another woman!

And he lied through his teeth about other suggestive and inappropriate texts that I had read with my own eyes. I know he was lying but cannot prove it. It's my perception of those texts vs his explanation of them. And his explanation didn't even make any sense.

She had written "I want a mimosa!" and he wrote back "brunch and mimosas, let's go!" So my interpretation of that exchange was that he invited her to brunch.... and maybe they even went to brunch together for all I know. But HIS explanation was that they were mocking and making fun of a customer who had talked about mimosas... it doesn't even make sense. right?!? Right.

So, here he is, once again,. trying to cover up what really happened, lying convincingly and me questioning my perceptions.

It's gaslighting... getting you to doubt yourself and twisting facts around.

I hate him... I truly truly hate him for what he's done..

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Apr 19, 2023 at 04:58 AM..