Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
76 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2023 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_little_didgee View Post
It is awful especially when it flares up. The itchiness disrupts my sleep and makes me cranky.

How is the cream application going? It must be challenging. I'm not sure how you do it. An applicator? Those tools I find difficult to use and messy. Do you have other options besides cream?

The ointment I use is external only. It's a potent steroid that seems to have thinned out my skin making it vulnerable to cracking. I am hoping the coconut oil, which I am going to purchase from the grocery store will help that.

Rant...

I cannot figure out what I am allergic to. I've tried different things to rid myself of this and nothing is working. Thinking about this is frustrating and triggering my medical trauma. Why can't it just be an easy fix, where I don't have to keep seeing doctors? I hate seeing doctors because I fear they will say I am crazy, or basically that my mental health issues are manifesting themselves on my body. I absolutely fear that.

I'm so sorry that the cream they've told you to causes additional problems, that's got to be incredibly frustrating. I hope that the coconut oil helps with the dryness and itchiness.

I think it was smart of you to provide photos, it's always better in my opinion to show them, rather than just have them look at you when a condition may not be as acute.

I've read about your history with hospitals in Ottawa, and the degree to which they mistreated and incorrectly diagnosed you. I think you are perfectly justified in your mistrust of Dr's and I can see why you wouldn't want to have anything to do with them

I have an applicator which I use to apply my cream - it's definitely finicky and it's kind of difficult to clean, which worries me. The hormone replacement cream is the only option that my Dr. has given me and fortunately I don't have any side effects from it, or at least none that I'm aware of. I apply Vagisil externally to help with the slight itching that the dryness causes. I don't know if that might be an option for you - although it's another steroid cream, albeit a mild one.

I really hope you find a solution soon, You really don't need this. (stating the obvious)

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote