Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,973 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Apr 20, 2023 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
I don’t understand why that lady ghosted you. The only thing that might make some sense is if she started seeing some guy. Some women will ditch friends the second a guy comes along.

I’ve had that happen to me a lot. Your neighbor was rude & selfish. I’m kind of bitter niw & on the berge of giving uo on even trying to make new friends.

I keep on having the same issues with these rude selfish types . I can’t deal with the constant rejection & the unsatisfying ‘friendships’ anymore. It seems like people just want transactional ‘friendships’ these days.
Here’s my first attempt to do multiple quotes on a tiny screen, lol. Yeah I know women can drop other women friends for men. If that was the reason I wonder was it just me or her other friends.

Yeah people seem to call transactional friends actual friends, when it’s more like acquaintances. It keeps happening to me too, even online. People I used to interact with a lot and considered them friends suddenly stopped “talking” to me! Or they unloaded heavy stuff on me then disappeared! And in some cases these people claimed to have had similar experiences to mine, THEN ghost me after saying they would never treat me that way!!!! Yeah right. They are sorry that happened to me, it sucks, etc. What kind of person does that?!

I often wonder if Covid played a role. Not saying this behavior is excused but maybe the last 3 years made people even weirder than they already were. In other words, it brought out the worst in people. I posted about it in a similar thread.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I actually wrote something similar on here a while back about feeling like I wanted to give up on developing friendships, like you I had ghosting and with no apparent reason by someone I was fond of - I still don’t know why.

Sometimes taking the pressure off can help, in my case having some alone time, keeping social through acquaintances and activities.

I think close friendships, true ones are rare, it takes time to find those gems, if you do then treasure them, that’s my philosophy anyway.

You’ve done the right thing for your self esteem walking away from fake friends.
Yeah I can relate, except I have no acquaintances to do things with. And I’m not sure that would be a comfort, just more of the same superficial stuff. Right now I talk to no one except one person.

I did read the US has a loneliness epidemic, exacerbated by Covid. People don’t want to even admit to being lonely as there’s a stigma to it, like a lot of things in this shallow, godforsaken country.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, jesyka

Thanks for this!
jesyka