View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2023 at 01:18 AM

Reading my records has made me realize medicine is not a profession that practices much critical thought. The pandemic policies also indicate this. One would think that highly educated people would have the ability to think critically and check their biases. Apparently not.

How could psychiatry miss delirium? There was ample and convincing evidence to support the diagnosis. Abnormal ECGs and labs, dehydration, confusion, irritability, tremor, low blood pressure, hallucinations and dilated pupils were not enough to convince them that my "manipulative behavior" was due to all the prescriptions I was on. The emergency doctors saw it but psychiatry refused to believe it. They instead decided I was trying to manipulate them into an admission because of apparent "personality disorder" after talking to another psychiatrist at the General hospital. - I wasn't seeking admission. I was genuine sick from all the pills I was on. They over prescribed and failed to notice because of cognitive bias.

They had me on so much medication, almost all of which had anticholinergic effects. It took months to recover and only after most of the offending medications were discontinued. While I was on those pills I heard voices, something I never experienced before. It was like being in perpetual stage 1 sleep.

I got diagnosed with so many BS disorders. The most surprising one was dissociation. They decided I had a history of abuse based on my periods of memory loss due to benzodiazepines and backed it up with my Indigenous heritage and the fact that I grew up in a remote First Nations community. --- Pure Incompetence.

My experience makes me wonder if people (including teenagers) are experiencing sub-clinical delirium on psychiatric medication. Could the reporting of side effects such as hallucinations cause a careless psychiatrist to diagnose a person with mental illness? I suspect this happens a lot.

My thread should have been called Psych medication induced delirium.

Hugs from:
Sometimes psychotic