Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2023 at 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtigger View Post
Also you dont know what the other person has going on, they could be seriously worried about a sick child or something

For example: i have a friend in a different country who emails a lot out of anxiety and needing reassurance, she repeats herself loads and would even email me when she knew i was having to put all my energy into looking after older cat Tigger, who i really thought could die - even despite this, friend was seeking reassurance over stuff i had reassured her about countless times before

Just because someone doesnt say they have something serious to think and worry about, doesnt mean they dont have something to worry over

Maybe off topic but i know my own survival is dependent on my Tiggers problems not getting life threatening

Just saying as a example
Yep I agree, there's a lot more going in other people's lives than most realize. Most people just don't show it, dumping all your crap on someone is definitely energy draining. I'll admit I used to think it was okay to vent a lot but not to the point of being obsessive, those people started pulling away. I stopped immediately, I learned it wasn't okay so I haven't done it since. In the rare cases I do vent now, it's super brief and I usually wind up retracting what I said later on by saying everything is actually fine now so I'm not seen as a complainer in another person's eyes.

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam