Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2023 at 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendingmysoul View Post
Hi ruby,a lot of verbal expressions are part of social etiquette. People say things like how are you doing?Having good time?Are you alright?How is your day?Things like that.It doesn't mean an invitation to dump what ever bad things are going on with us.
What I understood is your boss is nice and you said so.Good managers,bosses or supervisors want their subordinates to be comfortable in the workplace. Hey,if you need anything ,you know where to find me or if you want to talk or need help you can talk to me.That does not mean you can talk about your personal life.She said those nice words regarding if any difficulty arises in the workplace ,you could talk or ask for her help.
Yep and I'll admit, I learned this the hard way myself when I was in high school. I wasn't obsessive but I did vent to those who said it's okay to open up, they clearly didn't like that so I stopped immediately. Work is no different, coworkers and supervisors don't want to hear the negative stuff in your life. It's one thing to share news of a wedding or something else really positive but even that should be on a basic level, anything negative just brings everyone down.