View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2023 at 01:51 PM

I'm so very sorry you are in such a miserable situation. It is really heartbreaking. Utterly heartbreaking!

Please forgive me for asking this in your time of distress and agony, but are you in the care of a physician or mental health professional? What things have you tried?

A lot of mental health researchers and professionals have linked depression to atrophy in various regions of the brain for which treatments are available.

This research began when it was noticed that people in a very bad circumstances, such as those living in the poorest parts of equatorial Africa were able to have peace of mind of joy of living in the midst of their tragic circumstances and troubles while severe depression often struck people of fame and wealth and success.

Since I don't know you or your situation, I don't know what your circumstances are, what crushingly heavy burdens you bear. But it would be a tragedy to lose you if there were treatments that would help you.

Of course, treatments do not magically change situations. But they have helped me to see dark things in my life as challenges rather than as reasons to end my life.

Sadly I am not a crisis hotline counselor, so I do not know what to say to actually help you and I fear and dread that anything I say or anything I have written here is not helpful to you or even makes you feel worse. I was in a psychiatric hospital once and everything people said to me made me feel worse.

I hope and pray that others here, others with more knowledge, experience and insight will see your post today and respond with something helpful to you.

Does leaning on us here in these Forums help you at all? Is there anything we can do for you?

I'm deeply sorry my poor words are so poor. My heart goes out to you. And I am praying for you. I wish I knew what else to say or do!

Please call a crisis hotline immediately or go to a hospital emergency department is your depressed feelings escalate. They can help you!
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Fuzzybear, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, lizardlady, mar dhea, stahrgeyzer