View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2023 at 12:25 AM

Thank you. @Rose76, FTC does not launch an investigation: they share the report with law enforcement agencies nationwide. ReportFraud.ftc.gov. I am thinking that by including the information about the company that wrote the check (which exists in Dallas, unlike F.B. Construction which does not exist), I will provide the law enforcement in Dallas with something tangible. Beyond that, I do see that there is very little I can do. I won't waste time creating a website to expose him.

Yes, there have been learnings on my end: I will not give out my physical address like this. The thing is, shortly before this happened, I had had a good experience with a man off that same dating site to whom I gave my address and he picked me up and we went to the San Francisco Ballet together (it was his first time seeing a ballet). It was clearly a dead end in terms of a relationship, but he was pleasant and appreciative and clearly real. So the learnings for me: if you are going to a ballet together (and he Zelled me money so that I would buy his ticket), it is one thing. If it is a weirdo whom I have never seen and he asks to accept a check, it is another thing. Draw the line.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76