Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 24, 2023 at 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
I am unclear why he chose me. On my dating site profile I spoke of having many friends. I did not give off signals of loneliness. Maybe this network of scammers tries with a large number of women and even if a small percentage of that wide cast net falls prey, it is more than enough to justify their expense of time and money.

Another weird thing was that he told me he speaks Romansh language. I had not heard of such before. I looked it up. I asked him what other languages he spoke. He said just Romansh and English. I found it weird that he would not also speak French and German but only Romansh. Right now I am in this state when things that were weird to me but that I overlooked pop up in my mind and I realize that the totality of that weirdness should have been a clue before he started talking about money.

Next weekend I plan to write a report and submit it. On this thread, we have accumulated many avenues for reporting this network:

The police
FBI
USPS
FTC
Texas Attorney General

Hopefully out of all of the above, someone will pay attention, even though I did not lose any money to this scam.
They don’t choose YOU. They send 100s emails and see who replies. These emails are copied and pasted. That’s why names are often wrong.

divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam, unaluna