View Single Post
sadmanagain

Member Since Dec 2022
123 hugs
given
Default Apr 24, 2023 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I am sorry for both you and your wife as the alone feeling will exist for both of you. I am wondering if the pandemic may have triggered the ptsd to get overwhelming for your wife.

Please know that no one chooses to be crippled by ptsd. It’s an exhausting and frustrating mental illness and those suffering tend to isolate hoping to reduce the crippling symptoms.
I hear that and I am still sympathetic for her situation but I'm so empty right now inside ...if only she had sympathy for me ...instead I get " I understand how bad this is hurting you but I feel this is what I must do for my mental health"

We were a team for over 30 years and now this just feels incredibly selfish on her part . I would have done anything she asked to help her ..we could. Have tried a separation... accept that she can't be there for me while she heals .

I would have done that gladly as hard as it would be ...anything but this . There were so many to things we could have tried before Divorce. We never did couples therapy or increased the frequency of her therapy as she was only going twice a month . My therapist feels that if you aren't going weekly, you might as well just go golfing it would have an equal effect.
With her issues she definitely needs weekly sessions that she won't be able to afford now .

When I suggested before all this she said we can't afford it ....in the last year 90% of my checks went into the savings account. Money was not the issue .
I told her that no matter what it costs money didn't matter as divorce is more expensive.
sadmanagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Open Eyes