View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,035 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2023 at 03:55 PM

I had an experience yesterday making me think of this thread! [emoji16]I even wrote a note to myself to post here.

I ran into a nice lady I met in the walking group at the senior center. We live just 2 blocks from each other and used to walk back together since the walk was too long for us. I haven’t gone in months but did run into her at the store once.

After some catching up she said she lost my number. I said we never exchanged numbers and she asked if I want to. I said yes and she entered my number in her cell phone. I said I’m still getting the hang of mine and she called my home number then and there. She also said now her number will show on my Caller ID. I don’t know why she assumed I have it but I do. After I asked did she let it ring more than once she said no and called again! I said the ID doesn’t appear after just one ring. She even told me her last name and how the ID should appear! Then she said now you have my number.

If I had stayed at the gym just 5 minutes more I’d have missed her. When we first said hi she looked like she was going to hug me then hesitated. I then reached to hug her. It’s a good sign she’s aware not everybody likes hugging. (I do)

She then said we can walk together independently of the group.

I decided to call her at the next
walk at the center and see if she’s going. I’m keeping the healthy skepticism because of past experiences posted here and those not. I’ll see if she acts like she doesn’t know me. [emoji6]Or wonder why I’m calling!

I ran into her again today but we just said hi.

Last time we walked she wanted to be sure I knew how to get home because we took a different route!

Maybe there’s hope still. It made my day that finally someone else reached out instead of me all the time. It made my day. I thought about asking her about numbers but due to past bad experiences I didn’t.

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15