Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 27, 2023 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro003 View Post
Thanks LT-

It has gotten much worse. I found out that takes up to 45 days to make. decision, so i don’t see that’s going to help seeing my doctor on the 8th. Or any more I need.

What really will be have an accomplish in a month so i can pay rent, bills, taking care of my cats, and whatever may happen.

It won’t be enough. I will have to move back to NY to live with my dad. He’s awesome, so it’s not that. How on earth will my cats deal with all of this? The moving in and out to pack up, the really long 8.5 drive, somehow how to deal with a small dog who only loves my dad. They’ll have to stay in a small room w me for a few/however many days until we can try to introduce them. My one cat absolutely needs her own space from the other two. Where would she go?

I am so so beyond devastated
I'm so sorry Velcro. I can see how this is a frightening time in so many ways. Let yourself feel the feelings but also continue to move forward. You are strong and you can do this. You have already started to plan ahead. I know this is hard to believe right now, but you will get through this. You are very lucky to have a great father to lean on. I know you are worried about all the animals but they will adapt as well, you know there will be an adjustment period but they will have you and they will be okay. Make a list of options and what needs to be done for you and your pets. Remember to breathe. Just take it one step at a time.

I can't say I know exactly how you feel because I have never been in your exact situation but I know the fear that I would feel if it happened to me. I also know from my own experience how even when things feel like they couldn't get any worse, sometimes things happen for a reason and bad things turn into blessings. I live alone with no family to rely on. 5 years ago I was in a very bad car accident with a broken neck among other things. It was discovered during the scans for the accident that I had a spot on my lung. This was not serious at the time but something that needed to be monitored with yearly scans. A couple years later I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I'm thinking can things get any worse. They saw the spot on my lung and thought the cancer had spread which would have pushed me to stage 3, but the good news came from the accident. Because they had previous scans, they realized the spot was not growing and was not from the cancer which put me down to stage 2 and drastically changed my treatment plan and survival rate. I guess what I am saying is if someone would have told me at the time of the accident that it would actually be a blessing down the road, I would have said they were crazy.

It certainly won't be easy but try to keep the faith and continue to look forward.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete