jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2023 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It’s just being led by a comedian/entertainer who’s a Drag Queen. People play bingo but it’s with entertainment so bingo itself is just a twist. Here is the one in Australia

Drag Queen Bingo - Hahndorf.

I don’t see meetup as place for groups where people already know each other. At some point no one knows anyone. Or some groups are new. So no one would know anyone. How about book clubs? They are appropriate for more introverted people. Or anything like knitting or craft groups? Do you have any hobbies? Is there a community center by you you can join and take classes?

Well you say you are shy and introverted and don’t like groups yet you seem to want to socialize with groups. It might not be your thing then. It’s hard to make friends as we get older. I get that
That sounds cool. I’d like to check that out sometime. As for meetup., I’ve been on there for over 10 years. I’ve tried going to many different meetup.s. And yes, most people DO know each other

Here are a few awful experiences I’ve had:

Not one person but the organizer talked to me in a group of 50 plus women at a restaurant ‘. So I left early. And of course I never went back.

A friend & I went to one wiomens meetup & no one talked to us so we left.

Forget any club as it involovs groups & I despise all groups. I ALWAYs get ignored, by everyone but one person who maybe feels sorry for me. I tried talking to other people, but no one really wanted to talk to me

I was once interrogated by this woman at a table about what I do for a living. It was awful! She asked very detailed questions. I was vague as I didn’t work at the time.

One other time in a large womens group at a restaurant, I was talking to one lady & then the organizer rudely cut in multiple times even though she was already talking to a bunch of other women. She interrupted me.

Then she tried taking pics of everyone candidly. I told her that I don’t like having my pic taken but she jarassed me to death to be in it. I was so upset that U left & never came back to that meetup. My boundaries were disrespected & violated. No means no.

I’m in this friend group as none of them EVER want to socialize outside of the group one on one. I tried & they always ask if so and so could come too. Please don’t trll me to suck it uo. I look fat & ugly in pics. I’m self conscious about my weight & how I look. I usually end up having a weird, stiff or stupid expression on my face too.

It’s very annoying. They know that I’m not a group person, but they don’t care. Their attitude is that they’re accomodating me just by agreeing to meet me no earlier than 1p.m for lunch as I’m not a day person.

This one lady is usually pushing to get her way at sll times by asking to meet earlier & that she can’t make it thst day if we don’t accomodate her preferences .

She doesn’t work & she doesn’t have kids or go to school or do any volunteer work, so it’s all about her preferences.

Why would I wsnt to socialize in groups if I’m constantly getting ignored sside from my current situation that I don’t have much of a choice about?

They’re OK for going to the movies or a convert with. I dont hang out with them ss much now as I have this good friend I definitely prefer to hang out with one on one. She actually listens to me & doesn’t just talk about herself or other people ad nauseum.

Also, I feel that mist people dislike shy introverted people too. I probably will give uo 100% ar 50 years ild on even making ANY effort whatsoever from now. I’m obviously not a likeablr person no matter what I do.

Last edited by jesyka; Apr 29, 2023 at 10:27 AM..
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated